Last night my friends and I began constructing my single tier stand. Having read a number of other people's builds on here I thought it only right to document mine as well.
First off a big thanks goes out to SouthernYankee's build as I'm using his build as the starting blocks for what I plan to do.
Secondly, I admit I'm most likely winging it 80 percent of the time and the other 20 percent I'm drinking so questions to me might not be your best bet
That said let's the pictures begin!
The metal: 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" 16g steel. Sixty feet cut into 5 foot lengths. Purchased locally from the Online Metal Store (but lucky for me they are local so no shipping costs)
Measure twice cut once?
Thanks to SouthernYankee for the design
Now we're talking
Cleaning up the edges
First Weld being laid down!
Making it square
We've got vertical
We're going to inlay a piece of wood for the lower shelf so we used some spare 1/2"x1/2" steel for that.
That's a wrap for the night. Hopefully get more done this weekend
Looking very nice.
Love the many pics. I want to do the same when I move out of the city and into a house. This thread will be a great resource, thanks for taking the time.
That all looks so familiar. Fun isn't it?
Looking forward to more!
I hate to see these threads. I want to go outside and kick my cinder blocks and shaky table and make a stand now.
Gun control is being able to hit your target.
How long did it take you to complete what you have pictured?
Your Welds look way better than mine
QUOTE: "i wanna brew so bad ive got brewballs!" by Rycov