Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Brewframe-thermal isolation?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2009, 04:47 AM   #1
Wayne1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Brewframe-thermal isolation?

After a year's worth of gathering parts and construction, my brewframe is in the final testing stages. It is based on Bobby M's single tier system.

It is built from unistrut. I have two banjo burners for keggle brew kettle and HLT. I am planning to use my old 10 gallon GOTT for a MLT.

My question/concern is in regards to thermal transfer through the frame. I have fired the burners up twice now and I am a bit worried about how hot the frame gets. Is it going to melt my GOTT?

I plan on doing a water brew tomorrow with an eye toward a full brew this weekend. Have any of you experimented with anything under the keggles to reduce the thermal transfer? Or should I think more of isolating the GOTT?

Pictures will be coming soon. I think some of you might enjoy this variation on the single tier design. I have tried to replicate some of the features of the brewpub systems I have used. There is a diverter panel on the front with quick disconnects. They go to two March 509 pumps, a CFC, and a filtered cold water line.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply