Ok so I got a few hours to get back to the stand build. Real slow moving, need to find 28 or 29 hours in a day. 24 just ain't cutting it.
So I was able to build a new ring out of 2 pieces of 6" 16ga sheet metal Welded together I got at HD as a test. Had some trouble bending so I took some hard wood and rigged up a pathetic but effective press. Temp attached to my small vice and 'pressed' away. Actually turned out real well for not having a metal roller.
Also was able to use the actual burner to confirm fit. Thanks to mfiure coming through on delivery a few weeks back
I was also able to tap an install one of the 2 SS dip tubes loh777 supplied to one of the converted kegs.
Again, slow moving but at least moving.
Confirmed fit of burner
Make shift press to form circle of sheet metal