Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > BCS 460 from Embedded Control concepts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #11
rcrabb22
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

and I forgot to say how impressed I was with your work! Brewers such as yourselves make my life much easier when you share your talents. I need all the help I can get!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #12
slimer

Recipes 

Let me know if you need anything changed. I'm recreating the doc right now and like any input that people would like to add/subtract. I want a simple solution.

I will also be creating a diagram with part placement (non-electric) so people can see where I'm planning on putting everything.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #13
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 17

there's a whole thread from Slnies who has been beta testing this module for a while. I've seen it in action and I plan on getting one soon.

bcs-460-beta-test

Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty

Old 01-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
ScubaSteve

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I think this is a cool product.....but damn....it sure doesn't LOOK exciting. I wish they'd make it in neon green like my iPOD.....oh....and I want to be able to set it to turn on the tv whenever the Jonas Brothers come on......

Old 01-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #15
SHvanBommel
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 14

sorry they only have the family guy implementation.. .no jonas brothers... i think i will turn the unit on this weekend, through the intarweb we have been collaborating and it will be interesting to see how our individual projects size up... i'm not sure baout slimers space constrains but an all electric brew cart with the 10 gal capability plus BCS will be a killer anywhere... now if only i could figure out how to slide my stove out from its nook and get at the 240V plug...
S

oh and pictures (not from mspaint) to follow :-)

Primary -
(1) Raspberry Melomel
(2) BlueBerry Melomel

Secondary/Clearing (WhirlFloc)-
(1) Ice Cider (China concentrate on Côte des Blancs) (SG 29.5 Brix - FG 5.5 Brix)
(2) Ice Cider (shop rite concentrate on Côte des Blancs) (SG 29.5 Brix - FG 7 Brix)
(3) Ice Cider (shop rite concentrate on Mangrove Jack's Cider Year M02 with Early fall fuji press juice) (SG 29.5 Brix - FG4.5 Brix)

Bulk Condition -
Pumpkin Ale on Star anise, Cinnamon Stick, and Cardamom

Old 01-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #16
p4ck37p1mp
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've brewed with mine once, just using it for temp monitoring. Next run I'll let it control my pumps. Slick little box.

-- "Unix is user friendly. However, it isn't idiot friendly."

Old 01-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #17
slimer

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHvanBommel View Post
sorry they only have the family guy implementation.. .no jonas brothers... i think i will turn the unit on this weekend, through the intarweb we have been collaborating and it will be interesting to see how our individual projects size up... i'm not sure baout slimers space constrains but an all electric brew cart with the 10 gal capability plus BCS will be a killer anywhere... now if only i could figure out how to slide my stove out from its nook and get at the 240V plug...
S

oh and pictures (not from mspaint) to follow :-)
I have enough space, it's the wife noticing how much space that it takes up that's the problem.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #18
SHvanBommel
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

hahahaha... I mad ethe executive decision and got rid of the war council erhm... wife... so now i have much less room but i only have to debate with myself... "one pump or three... i think i'll go with three"

Primary -
(1) Raspberry Melomel
(2) BlueBerry Melomel

(1) Ice Cider (China concentrate on Côte des Blancs) (SG 29.5 Brix - FG 5.5 Brix)
(2) Ice Cider (shop rite concentrate on Côte des Blancs) (SG 29.5 Brix - FG 7 Brix)
(3) Ice Cider (shop rite concentrate on Mangrove Jack's Cider Year M02 with Early fall fuji press juice) (SG 29.5 Brix - FG4.5 Brix)

Bulk Condition -

Old 01-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #19
SHvanBommel
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Rcrabb - Thank you. I hope that what we do and document here will inspire you to create something beautiful and with a purpose... (beer) Cheers!

Primary -
(1) Raspberry Melomel
(2) BlueBerry Melomel

Bulk Condition -

Old 01-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #20
SHvanBommel
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Right so, This is the initial frame for the new Brewery to be controlled by the BCS, more pics to follow.

This shall be made with 1 1/2" angle iron, the step if for the ekeggle, underneath it will fit the CFC, to the left will be the eHLT, on top will be the eMLT... more pictures as i finish the models to follow

the coil is actually the cfc, the eHLT and eMLT will actually be coolers but i could find any on sketchup and i'm horrible at component setup...
Comments welcome

Primary -
(1) Raspberry Melomel
(2) BlueBerry Melomel

Bulk Condition -

Quick Reply