Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Wood collar not sitting flush

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #11
crane
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My advice to anyone reading this is to not buy wood from lowes or home depot. I have never gotten a board from either that hasn't warped later. I now buy all my lumber from Dixie land and haven't had any problems with warping.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #12
Reaver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Brew Setups
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsquared View Post
Also you will notice if your room is full of CO2, there is a distinct burning sensation in your nose when its exposed to CO2. It is the formation of carbonic acid in your nasal passages and your throat.

A bunch of the late shift guys at the local brewery enjoy huffing it out of purged tanks. It's some kind of rush... not one I would repeat.

Women are like yeast... You gotta keep them at the right temperature if you want to get anything out of them!

Old 10-27-2012, 03:29 AM   #13
collar_builder
Recipes 

I have one more question, interested to hear your feedback. I just finished installing everything and bought a sixth barrel of fat tire. I did not flush the lines but I did wash the faucet and the keg coupler best as I could a couple days back. Will it spoil if it isnt properly sanitized, or just not last as long, or just not taste good?

Is it possible to get sick and not realize something has spoiled? thanks

Old 10-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #14
Easily_Distracted
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane View Post
My advice to anyone reading this is to not buy wood from lowes or home depot. I have never gotten a board from either that hasn't warped later.
The only way to get straight wood from them is to wait several weeks until the wood is finally good and dry, then rip it on a table saw to get a straight edge. They just spit it out too quickly to do it properly. A real lumber yard is always best when you can get to one.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #15
collar_builder
Recipes 

Well I am very pleased that the basic silicone sealant was strong enough to hold down the not so square 2x4 frame. Its been working nicely. Im very excited, or pleased rather, and fat tire tastes very good on draft. It still feels pretty cool to pour a beverage from my own plumbing of sorts. I used two 35 lb weights to hold it down for two days. It smelled really bad in here while it cured, but the odor is gone now. I had to drill my own holes in the hinges to make the 2x4 work, other wise I would have had to buy some weird cuts of wood to make it work. That was hard to do, since putting the hole exactly where I wanted it to go proved tricky. I dont have a dremel with a cutting disk, but that would have been ideal. In the future I am going to draw a line on the hinges so I know where I can cut, then cut a long slit into the whole so that I can adjust the height according to my need. As it is, the left side sits too low in the back and compresses the stripping there, while in the front onthe same side it sits elevated by 1 mm. It still makes a seal though. Also the wood drifted some while the silicone was curing, and I need to remove the hinges and file off some of the wood on the back, to make it flush with the back of the freezer. The wood protrudes slightly over the back. I will also get some blue loctite(not too strong) and apply to the screws. I believe I will use bolts to secure to the wood, because I just want everything to have a good grip. I still need to apply some kind of insulation. Overall Im very pleased and feel quite thankful that I have this luxurious beer dispenser in my room. I guess I havent got used to it yet.

Quick Reply