Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Project Monsterator
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #381
Joe C
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gate City
Posts: 1,104
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Unfortunately, this project has completely stopped, for now.

For all of 2010 I lived at home with my parents, and built a 2-tap unit that has served well. One sankey, one ball lock tap.

In November of 2010 we moved into our new house. In the past few months we finished the investment property (it's now kick ass!).

Right now the two tap unit is holding down the fort at the house. I only got all of my brewing equipment all back together this past month.

All of the parts are sitting in their boxes waiting to b used someday. I actually found a 25cf unit for 75 bucks about an hour north of my house, but it seems a little rough and nerve-racking.
http://NH.craigslist.org/app/2522596078

Also, with All of the stuff that is going on at the hous I just dot have the spare cash to spend on the lumber, another Johnson a419, or the freezer itself.

What a fun re-read this has been.

__________________
Sláinte
Quote:
Originally Posted by thataintchicken View Post
Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Support a Brewing Soldier!
Joe C is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #382
strumke
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 358
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Wow, I just spent a long time reading 39 pages...but you prevented me from attaching my regulators to the wall and possibly having 100 lbs of dead freezer in my living room!

__________________
strumke is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #383
thyirishmen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 117
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

keep up the spirits joe. and hopefully you can create that tartan beast! I want one as well!
slainte

__________________
thyirishmen is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #384
sj_engr
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 150
Liked 16 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Tear the guts out of two mini-fridges off craigslist and cut into the unit to mount them. Probably cost you $50 and a little bit of patience.

__________________
sj_engr is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2011, 01:21 AM   #385
shmEk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 109
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Joe, I'm sorry to see the end to all the hard work for ya, but I GREATLY appreciate you posting all along and it will save at least one person from suffering the same fate of the punctured coolant line. Was a very cool build you had going there.

__________________
shmEk is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #386
BasementBrewmistress
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 155
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

I hope life settles down and you're able to pick this up again soon. Your epic build is an inspiration.

__________________
BasementBrewmistress is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 02:16 AM   #387
Joe C
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gate City
Posts: 1,104
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumke View Post
Wow, I just spent a long time reading 39 pages...but you prevented me from attaching my regulators to the wall and possibly having 100 lbs of dead freezer in my living room!
Glad to hear! It definitely sucked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_engr View Post
Tear the guts out of two mini-fridges off craigslist and cut into the unit to mount them. Probably cost you $50 and a little bit of patience.
This was tossed out a few months after I busted it, unfortunately. But that's definitely a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmEk View Post
Joe, I'm sorry to see the end to all the hard work for ya, but I GREATLY appreciate you posting all along and it will save at least one person from suffering the same fate of the punctured coolant line. Was a very cool build you had going there.
Yeah, it was awesome. Looking back I'd love to smack myself upside the head, but the unit itself was pretty rough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementBrewmistress View Post
I hope life settles down and you're able to pick this up again soon. Your epic build is an inspiration.
Thanks a ton! As of right now I'm just running a 2 tap setup. The rest of the equipment is sitting in boxes on my shelves in the basement. Someday I will do it again though I promise.
__________________
Sláinte
Quote:
Originally Posted by thataintchicken View Post
Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Support a Brewing Soldier!
Joe C is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My bar project rdwj Kegerators and Keezers 67 02-13-2013 02:33 AM
My HLT project WortMonger Kettles, Mash Tuns, & Hot Liquor Tanks 123 01-03-2013 05:02 PM
First DIY Project jshnks Brew Stands 18 03-06-2010 05:00 PM
Hop Project 90% done foonder Hops Growing 2 07-15-2008 12:42 AM
New Project! Sea Equipment/Sanitation 12 10-17-2007 04:58 PM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS