Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Nostalgia KRS-2100 Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
mjhorn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Nostalgia KRS-2100 Mods

Just getting back into homebrew, so my first project was to revamp my kegerator. If I could go back to when I first got the unit I'd build one from scratch, but since I received this as a gift from the girlfriend I needed to find a way to make it work.

Nothing all that exciting in the work I did, but maybe it could be helpful to someone with a similar setup. Besides changing out the sankey tap for quick release fittings for cornys, I was able to get the unit running cooler than it would previously, and lengthening the beer line a bit will hopefully help with some foam issues when pouring.

http://brewingchicago.com/2011/01/ke...ersion-update/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
brewit2it
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Nice work, Im thinking of buying one of these since it seems to be the cheapest unit out there. If I wanted to use it with a pinlock corny keg and wanted to keep mods to a minimum what would I need to buy?

Thanks

Old 01-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #3
mjhorn
Recipes 

At an absolute minimum you'd really only need the pinlock quick disconnects for the corny, and some hose clamps of some sort. In theory you could reuse the exiting lines and just remove the sankey tap and add in the quick disconnects. However, the factory lines seem pretty inflexible so it might be tough getting them on the 1/4" barbs that are standard on the corny disconnects. So I'd recommend about 10' of new 3/16" beer line as well, which shouldn't run you much more than a dollar a foot. So really, if you have the keg already, the conversion should be no more than $25.

-Disconnect set: ~$10
-Hose clamps: ~$4
-10' 3/16" line: ~$10

Quick Reply