My Keezer Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpietraski

Reaction score
Well here is my keezer project. I am waiting for my faucets to arrive. They were originally supposed to arrive tomorrow, but the Fedex tracking now says today.:ban:

Here is the freezer...
My plan is to replace the top with a new and improved top, equipped with four faucets.

P1070801.jpg

Here is the new top.
Made with 5/8" particle board. This shape allows me to store a corny on the compression hump inside the freezer..

P1070798.JPG

P1070800.JPG

P1070799.JPG

Here are some photos of how the top is attached. Using stainless steel 1/4-20 bolts, I simply used the existing hinge that was attached to the previous lid. The chain is there to keep the new lid from 'over-opening'I made a hole next to the hinge for the temperature controller's thermometer, then filled it with plumbers putty. That way the lid seal remains in tact.

P1070810.JPG

P1070811.JPG

Just a quick FYI.
The 'Great Stuff' is a good insulator and it fills in the area quite well. However, it has been off-gassing a chemical odor. It has been dissipating a little, but its still there. Next time I'd try to find a lower odor spray foam.

I'm strongly considering doing this to me 6CUFT deep freeze. I have a 9 also, so it is kind of just sitting there begged to be modified.

Here are some updated photos...
Front view showing a bottle opener and a magnet to catch the caps.
A Buddy Christ tap handle.
A view of the inside. Showing four kegs, CO2 tank, Distributor, and a Dehumidifier with a PC fan blowing on it.

P1070959.jpg

P1070963.JPG

Back