Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > My frigidaire kegerator build
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
WIPbrewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 14
Default My frigidaire kegerator build

First, a big thanks to the HBT guys that posted excellent directions on how to make this possible. Took major guts for me to tear the top off and start carving out insulation. I guess it wouldnt have been a big deal if it were an old fridge....but a new one with a stainless front...phew - glad it all worked out.

Purchased the Frigidaire compact fridge at best buy. The draft tower came from the beverage factory and the rolling cart was made from scrap wood and some casters that were hanging around from and old machine at work.



__________________
WIPbrewery is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
humann_brewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: the sun
Posts: 15,727
Liked 313 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default

very nice, congrads, not you get to drink beer

__________________
humann_brewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
ILOVEBEER
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 728
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Looks very nice buddy, I especialy like the golf ball handle very cool.....FYI I have the same faucets you have and I hate them....they stick after just two days of not pouring beer. If you use them daily, then you are good....if not you'll soon learn to hate them as I do.

FYI I bought two perlicks which DO NOT STICK EVER and have no way of bacteria hiding in them from Ritebrew.com (I'm not affiliated with them, just offering a heads up)....the cheapest I found anywhere just incase you are intersted.

Take Care
Joe

__________________
ILOVEBEER is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
WIPbrewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEBEER View Post
Looks very nice buddy, I especialy like the golf ball handle very cool.....FYI I have the same faucets you have and I hate them....they stick after just two days of not pouring beer. If you use them daily, then you are good....if not you'll soon learn to hate them as I do.

FYI I bought two perlicks which DO NOT STICK EVER and have no way of bacteria hiding in them from Ritebrew.com (I'm not affiliated with them, just offering a heads up)....the cheapest I found anywhere just incase you are intersted.

Take Care
Joe
Dang, thats disappointing. One would think that if the beer faucets are actually made to pour beer, they would be able to do the job well.
__________________
WIPbrewery is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
deezy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
deezy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jefferson, GA
Posts: 211
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Were there any threads in particular that you referred to make this? Or progress pics?

__________________
deezy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
WIPbrewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 14
Default

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/frig...version-89013/

a huge thread with numerous ways to make this dream a reality
__________________
WIPbrewery is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
boogyman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 417
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I like the golf ball handle idea. Did you thread a small rod through them at all? If they're only held together by glue/epoxy, I can just imagine the first stuck faucet or drunk person to come along will rip that handle right off.

__________________
boogyman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #8
Schnitzengiggle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,664
Liked 29 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Is your fridge on a dolly, or are those casters attached to the fridge?

If they are attached to the fridge, were you able to just screw them in, or did you have attach them some other way?

I was looking into putting some casters on mine, but wanted then to be smaller so the fridge keeps a lower profile.

__________________
follow me @ Broken Glass Brewery

Okham's Razor - simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

My DIY Kegerator - My DIY Fermentation Chamber - My DIY Portable Pump Box
Schnitzengiggle is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #9
WIPbrewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
I like the golf ball handle idea. Did you thread a small rod through them at all? If they're only held together by glue/epoxy, I can just imagine the first stuck faucet or drunk person to come along will rip that handle right off.
Yep, I drilled through the 4 balls and inserted a 5/16" threaded rod lol..that sounds bad. Coated the threaded rod with epoxy and slid the balls on like a beef kabob. THen obviously drilled a bigger hole in the bottom ball for the thread insert.
__________________
WIPbrewery is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #10
WIPbrewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzengiggle View Post
Is your fridge on a dolly, or are those casters attached to the fridge?

If they are attached to the fridge, were you able to just screw them in, or did you have attach them some other way?

I was looking into putting some casters on mine, but wanted then to be smaller so the fridge keeps a lower profile.
I started to attach the casters directly to the fridge..but i wasnt sure the metal on the bottom was thick enough to withstand the forces of the 5 gallon kegs. So, i ended up building a small dolly cart..nothing too special about it, just a platform with some tight fitting sides acting like cleats.
__________________
WIPbrewery is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Frigidaire Kegerator Build Snausages01 Kegerators and Keezers 60 03-14-2014 04:23 PM
Keezer Build Frigidaire 15 cubic foot chest freezer WAORGANY Kegerators and Keezers 20 12-08-2012 10:01 PM
My Frigidaire mini fridge build! gicts Kegerators and Keezers 7 01-12-2010 01:42 PM
Mini-Fridge Kegerator: Sanyo, Frigidaire...? piperbrew Kegerators and Keezers 6 07-12-2009 10:00 PM
Frigidaire mini fridge kegerator? czerewko Kegerators and Keezers 10 12-04-2008 10:22 PM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS