Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > My Frigidaire Kegerator Build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #11
gicts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I'm considering the same fridge from Lowe's. How did you work with the inside temp regulator? Are you pleased overall? It does look like a nice fridge. It looks like the co2 fit in the back. Is that right?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #12
Snausages01
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I just took the temperature controller out of the housing it came in and pushed it behind the keg. I thought about just taking it out and wiring an external controller, but I didn't have the time or parts when I did it. I would eventually like to do it, but it isn't at the top of my list since I never really see it and I don't have any temp control problems.

The 5 lb CO2 tank does fit on the compressor hump.

-Chris

Old 12-23-2009, 03:44 AM   #13
Steven4est
Recipes 

what size in width and length is ther copper pipe, whered you get it and howmuch was it

Old 12-23-2009, 03:47 AM   #14
Steven4est
Recipes 

o yea how does the copper stay in place? im doing the build this weekend and im usually not much of a handy man so all the help is appreciated and i want my setup to look as nice as yours.

Also how did you line the holes up to the fridge to the plywood to the plastic top?

Old 12-23-2009, 03:53 AM   #15
Steven4est
Recipes 

o yeah last question what is the 3rd picture you posted? im asuming in the plastic top but why is it silver and not black?

Old 12-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #16
Snausages01
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'm not at the house right now, and I don't remember what size the copper pipe was It was slightly larger than the beer out line (just bring a piece of line with you to the store and check). You can buy the copper at HD or Lowes for $2-$4. I bought precut 2' pieces and cut them down because I though I might be able to get away without having to cut them. The copper is held in there by frication and by expandable foam; I filled that little square hole with froam when I was finished. I was going to put expandable foam in the tower, but decided against it for the time being. I may go back and do it since it is very unlikely that I will ever remove the copper pipe. I just cut the copper pipe to the proper length so I go get my CO2 bottle in the fridge, but it runs up as far as I could put it in the tower.

As for lining up all of the holes I just drilled the holes in the fridge first and then measured everything and drilled the top and wood at the same time.

The top is black, but it still had the protective plastic on it in the picture, and it looks silver because of the flash.

-Chris

Old 12-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #17
Steven4est
Recipes 

thanks man great build like i said i hope mine turns out as bada** as yours

Old 12-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #18
chris_v
Recipes 

I just picked up one of these refrigerators today and am planning on doing the conversion once I get all the parts together. I know you said that the top comes off without too much trouble, but I'm curious as to how it is held on. Does it snap on or is it glued in place? Any advice on getting the top off without breaking it is much appreciated. Thanks.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:25 AM   #19
CDbrews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_v View Post
I'm curious as to how it is held on. Does it snap on or is it glued in place? Any advice on getting the top off without breaking it is much appreciated. Thanks.
I have the same fridge and the top is held on by the foam. just work your way around the edges and the top will come right off.

Bottled: Imperial Stout
Kegged: Centenial Pale Ale, Peat Malt Porter, Rye Pale Ale, Maibock
Near Future: Red Ale, Kolsch

Old 12-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #20
Snausages01
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

As CDbrews said it is held on by the foam and a little glue. Just start at one corner and pull up gently. The top comes off pretty easy, but you do need to be careful not to crack it.

-Chris

Quick Reply