My 7.2 cu. ft. keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Inspired by many of the keezer builds on HBT, specifically Quaffer's project, I finally got around to making this.

I am not a DIY type, but if I can do this, even a caveman could.

I went with 1x10 poplar for the collar (I wanted a little extra height so there is a little more room and the extra height isn't a big problem to me for moving kegs as I'm pretty tall), and I stained it to match my hardwood floors.

4 taps, a Johnson A419 temp controller, drip tray, a circulation fan, and it's done. I'm still gonna add a bottle opener and cap catcher, a dehumidifier, and some sort of "what's on tap" chalk board or something.

Thanks for all the help HBT! And now, the keezer p0rn....

The fan tower (built with left over poplar)

IMG_2823_-_1.jpg

The guts

IMG_2837_-_1.jpg

The final

IMG_2838_-_1.jpg

Cheers!

IMG_2793_small_-_1.jpg

Nicely done. I too have been inspired by build like yours and Quaffer's, and am assembling the materials for the build. I special ordered the freezer from Lowes, had it delivered, opened it up to find a HUGE dent in the middle of the lid. So now the build will have to wait a few more weeks until they can deliver another freezer.

Anyhow, thanks for the pics and inspiration. Where in AZ are you? I grew up in Flagstaff and miss it greatly.

Nicely done. I too have been inspired by build like yours and Quaffer's, and am assembling the materials for the build. I special ordered the freezer from Lowes, had it delivered, opened it up to find a HUGE dent in the middle of the lid. So now the build will have to wait a few more weeks until they can deliver another freezer.

Same exact thing happened to me. Except they sent it to a store in Phoenix first. So it took ~3 weeks to get it, then it was damaged. Took about another 3 weeks before I got an undamaged one.

Anyhow, thanks for the pics and inspiration. Where in AZ are you? I grew up in Flagstaff and miss it greatly.

I went to college in Flag, and live in the White Mountains now...

Good luck on your build! :mug:

Thanks. You getting smoked out by the fire right now?

A little hazy/smokey in the mornings. Most is blowing the other direction thankfully. I just hope they can get some lines built. Hard to do when it's spotting 3+ miles...

Oh, and welcome to HBT :mug:

Very nice! I like the poplar.

Thanks Quaffer - no way was I gonna try to thin 2x8s down to 1.25 like you did!

Poplar is a tough wood to stain - as recommended in your thread, use cloth and just keep lightly applying it and adding more where needed to get an even match.

I did some test wood and found that sanding sealer or wood sealer prior to the stain actually made it worse.

Back