Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Moving CO2 Outside - Decisions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
Jeebas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RensBerserker View Post
Is it necessary to mount the regulators to the side of the coffin?
No, but it would look nicer I think. And if I left the dual body attached to the tank I would maybe need to pull the keezer out from the wall to see the settings. Sure its easier than opening the lid, but not as easy as just looking at the side of the coffin. Your suggestion would save me the most money though, worth considering.

Quote:
My big question is, if your keezer can currently hold 6 kegs (and possibly 7 after you move the tank out), why do you only have 4 gas lines and 4 taps?
Because I only had 4 kegs when I built it I don't really drink all that often either, but I like be able to switch to a carbed keg when one runs out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #12
Neerdowell
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Gotta say, that is a mighty nice looking keezer. I moved my tank outside last spring and I'm glad I did. I use the room I save for cold conditioning lagers.

Like RensBerserker, I have two hoses penetrating the collar. One goes to a manifold, and the other ends with a quick connect in order to change between liquid and gas connectors to suit my needs (I can dispense at higher pressure than the manifold with the gas, but most frequently use the liquid connector for force carbonating). Another advantage of keeping the regulator outside is not having to open the keezer to purge the air from a keg before filling it. A "Y" connector on the one of the regulator bodies helps with this.

I'm lucky enough to be close to a closet where I keep my tank handy but out of view, but it sounds like you've got a way to keep the whole package as a single unit.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
BullGator
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebas View Post

This is what I do currently, just inside the keg.

Looking at http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/5-ta...5/#post3737474 it looks like you do what I was proposing in #2 with the regulator on the tank set to 30 psi (I assume because that's the highest pressure you are going to need?) and then normal gas line run to the secondaries.
I have 1 or 2 gauges set to 30 or 40 psi so I can force carb and also to serve the wife's sparkling water (which was a big part of me not hearing about all the time and $ spent on the kegorator over and over again).

The last gauge, however, is always set to 10psi.

Quick Reply