Had a couple hours free today that I put towards the keezer. I drilled the tower holes in the top and in the lid, and cut a recess for the drip tray. Then I mounted the rope light using some little plastic clips.
I made the lid trim wide enough that it covers the white weather stripping when the lid is closed. I installed it with 1/8" of reveal that will act as a dam for the bartop epoxy I plan to cover the lid with. I wiped on a quick coat of teak oil, and snapped a quick pic of it with the rope lights on. The temp controller should be here any day, and then I'll get to work on the wiring and the rest of the plumbing.
We were thinking of blowing a picture of beer bubbles up to poster size as the image for the top, but looking at it with the black primer, I kinda like the elegant simplicity of a solid black top. The beer pic would be something like this-
I had a few hours last night to install the temp controller and get it wired up. I added a toggle switch for the rope lights also.
I tested it out and it seems to work fine. It was fairly easy to program even with the terrible directions in broken english. The top of the keezer got damaged from a recent rain storm and leaky shop roof. I've started rebuilding it, and redesigned it slightly. I'll post more progress pics when I get a chance to work on it again.