Before I start the keezer, I wanted to run this by the forum. Based on all the reading I have done, I think I am tracking
two questions remain; chalk board paint and CO2 set up.
- 14.8 Maytag from Home Depot - scratch and dent
- Intend on four taps, which leaves lots of room for standby/crashing
- NOT building a collar. I have decided to use towers.
--I think I will go with two, two tap towers (Perlick 525ss). Going with two since it is cheaper then a four tap tower, I can get a tower with 525ss already installed.
-- Towers only slightly more expensive then parting out a coffin box myself and frankly am not that handy with my wood tools. Wife wants it to look decent so towers are a safer bet.
--towers centered (not all the way to the back) for astetics as well as helping with the amount I will have to move from wall to open top
- Will put the chest on casters (going to harbor freight today to look as casters- they have one version with ball bearings so I will likely get that one)
- Planning on 1/2 plywood on top (stained), with some sort of board inside for additional tower support.
- Intend on painting sides with chalkboard paint. ***I am not sure what to do with the dimpling on the freezer. Have those that painted spent the time to bondo in all the dimples or can I simply paint the sides (two coats)???
- single regulator with diverter valve for eight kegs. Clearly will serve from four, but want to carbonate slowly at dispensing pressure. (not sold on this yet - my put a second regulator in there
- Johnson digital controller
Am missing anything? Any thoughts on the chalk paint and number of regulators? I already have a four port diverter so I was just going to add another but could easily modify based on input.