Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Keezer or Kegerator?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
INWarner413
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Keezer or Kegerator?

I'm looking at making the jump to kegging. After only 6 or 7 batches, I'm already tired of bottling!

I'm torn between a keezer and a kegerator. I'm looking at having 3 or 4 corny's on tap. If I go with a keezer, I want to go with the 7.0 cu ft GE chest freezer. If I go with a kegerator, I want to go with the Whirlpool 9.7 cu ft fridge. The fridge has a 6.9 cu ft refrigerator capacity, making it nearly the same size as the chest freezer.

I know building a keezer would ultimately look way cooler than simply installing 3 or 4 taps on the front of the refrigerator. If I go for the keezer, I want it to look something like Jester's awesome rig. For someone with limited tools and construction ability, though, which would be the better choice? How about price wise?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #2
TWS22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

i'm in much the same situation. just picked up a freezer off craigslist and figuring out if i should go jester style or collar style.

if i were you, i'd definitely go keezer - but that's really nothing more than my preference. seems to provide more flexibility.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply