Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Keezer/Bar plans. Need thoughts/suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
JoesInBoston
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Keezer/Bar plans. Need thoughts/suggestions.

So, I am planning on building a "bar" for my dining room. I threw something together in sketchup, the attached images are the basic idea of what I want to do. There will be some decorative stuff on the outside, and the bartop will probably extend even farther over the front of the bar. It will have casters on the bottom so I can roll it away from the wall to change kegs.

Right now, the sketch has a height of 42" from the floor to the bottom of the bartop, which I find to be fairly standard. What I want to do, is put a 7.0cf chest freezer where the white box is, and have it on some heavy duty bottom mount sliders (500lb capacity). This would give me the ability to have 3 or 4 taps total.

My problemis.....this is drawn to scale, with the white box being the average size of the 7.0cf chest freezers. This is all a pretty tight fit on top. I haven't even added the sliders yet. If I did, I would have to increase the overall bar height.

Should I add another 6 inches to the overall bar height, making it 4 feet tall (kind of tall, IMO)?

Should I just use a minifridge and be stuck with only having 2 kegs at a time?

Should I just suck it up, put the top on some hinges, and just move all the pint glasses that that will be stored in the cubbys when I need to change kegs?

bar.jpg   barback.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply