Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Exterior mounted secondary CO2 regs?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 03:21 AM   #1
jcaudill
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Exterior mounted secondary CO2 regs?

Just curious: has any externally mounted CO2 secondary regulators for their keezer? Reason I'm asking is because I had a new manifold built with 4 regulators each with a wye and two valves built (for 8 total kegs) and trying to fit it in the keezer is going to have some challenges. I'm considering externally mounting the assembly with the obvious downside being I'd have to drill 8 small holes in the keezer collar. On the upside - it would be fantastic to not have to open the freezer to see what the pressures are!

Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
45_70sharps
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 136

My regulator is outside. My manifold is going to be inside. I don't want to make all the holes plus I don't think it would save much room by the time you have eight holes and a bit of structural room between them.

Let's see if I keep this updated!

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 10-23-2012, 04:03 AM   #3
jcaudill
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If you saw how big the regulator assembly is you might change your mind A manifold is much easier to orientate. For example - I have mine oriented with a bracket I fabbed up so that the outlets of the ball valves point horizontally. There's no way I can do that with this setup - it's far too heavy and too big. If the lines came into the keezer horizontally it would be no problem. I am very shortly on vertical spacing - my kegs fit tight.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 492 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Have 8regs feeding 12 taps +4 kegs carb/conditioning waiting for something to kick adding a couple more shortly (no left hand nipples) I went with a coffin and just cut a small slot and ran mine in a bundle through the lid. Oh yea 2 of the taps are on a mix of Nitrogen/CO2 off a blender.

Quick Reply