Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Cutting Diamond Plated Steel Sheets

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
franklinswheat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Cutting Diamond Plated Steel Sheets

I currently have a top freezer and bottom fridge, i want to make them one piece so when my wife opens the freezer i dont have beer all over the ground because she turned on all three tap handles. I purchased a 36 by 24 piece of diamond plated sheet metal. i have a chop saw and got a basic dewalt metal cutting blade for it. Just looking for some knowledge about how easy/likely this project is going to be for me to catch a piece of shrapnel or lose my eyeball. ie how hard is it to cut through this stuff?

Hi

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
dmfa200
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Is the plate Aluminum or actually steel?
If it is steel then why? Aluminum is easier to cut and have you ever seen Aluminum diamond plate? It looks much nicer.
What is the thickness?
What are the final dimensions going to be?
I need more info on the saw.

I don't know what you said, but your wrong.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply