Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Build Issue - Help Troubleshoot

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
jschnyderite
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Build Issue - Help Troubleshoot

I'm building a keezer. I plan on routing my beer lines through a hole in the top but built a collar anyway so I can fit another keg on my compressor hump.

Unfortunately, the collar is only 3" which didn't bring my hinges up high enough to completely clear the freezer. closed flush, the top screw would go into the middle of the 1x4, and the other would go into the freezer (1/4" or so above the top hole of where the hinge originally sat).

I don't want to hit a coolant line..do they generally run up that high? I'm within an inch of the top of the freezer...and would drill 1/4 inch up from where factory holes are. Think I'm safe? any way to check? if not, any ideas for dropping my collar 1/4" once it is mounted to my freezer? I don't think planing is accurate enough to get a good seal.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Hang Glider
Beer Drinker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 149 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 102

you're likely safe around the factory holes - they don't want to take a chance either... just don't stray too far.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply