Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Best way to run beer lines about a foot from the kegerator?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
scrapplejoe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Best way to run beer lines about a foot from the kegerator?

I got my summit double kegerator, and will be installing it under my bar that I am building. The run from the tower on top of the bar to the kegerator will be about a foot or so. I went out and bought some pvc and some pipe insulation. Is this the right way to do it or is their an easier and more effective way?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
Alphabrew
Recipes 

subscribed.

I've got to deal with same thing except with a chest freezer on wheels.

How many lines are you running? What size pipe?

Old 02-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Atl300zx
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

There are several ways. I have a simliar setup. I only have insulation in the tower and no insulation between the top of the fridge and start of the tower. My first pour is foamy and its fine after that.

You can use the same methods seen around here in various posts. Some people wire a PC fan to blow cold air up the tower. The other popular way is passive, you just run the beverage line through a copper tube up the tower. The copper tube has a good amount of length that is in the kegerator either by turning 90 degrees and runnning along the top of the inside of the kegerator or straight done in between the kegs.

Bottles: Triple Berry Apple Cider, Cote Apple Cider, Wild Blackberry Apple Cider, Dim Wit II, Mighty Porter
Kegs: 4Cs IPA - The Diamond Standard, Innis & Gunn Rum Cask Clone.
On Deck: The "Three Stouts", Wild Blackberry Mead, Irish Red

Jaded Spirits DIY Stirplate
Blog @ JadedSpirits.com
Blog @ HBT

Quick Reply