Just thought I would document my progress for my newly planned basement overhaul.
He are my concept Google Sketchup's:
What the basement currently looks like with the Keezer in it.
Real life photo of the keezer in the basement, its on the other side of the room in real life:
New concept with keezer built into bar that lifts to allow access to keezer:
Shot of "behind the bar":
Just looking for any thoughts, suggestions or tips at this point. Will let everyone know how the whole thing goes. I have got to get rid of the wood paneling in the basement first. It is all sorts of ugly. After the room remodel is done I will start bar construction. I had to sell the remodel with the bar ...... It's like getting to see that action movie that you want to see but you have to go to dinner first.
Well if you look at the pic you can see a line that goes down it. I plan on hinging the bar and connecting to the top of the keezer. that way I can essentially "open" the bar up which will be connected to the freezer top. There are some clearances and weight issues and all that. I'm not going to get way into detail with the Sketchup drawing, but when I get to that point there will def be some design concerns.
Short answer. I haven't gotten it completely figured out yet.
So I know it's been a really long time but I actually started my bar build!!!!
I am no longer able to edit the posts I saved for progress....... apparently there is a time limit on editing posts .....
Here are a few photos of progress thus far.
Wood paneling is gone and dry wall is up and mudded. Carpet is ripped out as well.
Keezer tear apart started .... I only have one picninc tap so I only have 1 beer on tap ATM. First time in 2 years!!!
More to come. You can see a few 2x4's where i have started to frame out the new bar. I hope to have the bar built in the next 2-3 weeks. the wife and I picked out a few marble samples for the top of the bar (the gray part in the sketchup drawings).
And here is a shot of the drip tray and hardware that is going to be on it.
The more I think about it the more I really need to have someway of getting it out that isntoverly destructive/hard. I think you are right, I should leave one of the panels slightly "removable" and give myself a way to slide it out if need be....... I'll take some pics of whatever I accomplish tonight.