Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Attaching Keezer Bar Top

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #1
MrT2u
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Attaching Keezer Bar Top

I'm almost finished my keezer and now I would like to attach a wooden top. I am going to use towers and want the top to attach directly to freezer lid, but I want it to be removable in case the freezer ever dies, all I will have to do is unmount it and change the freezer. I don't mind having another layer of wood under the bar top.

Any suggestions and pictures about how I can do this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2014, 05:22 AM   #2
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 81

This is assuming that your bar top has a base layer of plywood and is not yet finished with tile or whatever you plan to do:
The lid of the freezer is filled with foam, so you can drill through it. Just get yourself some T-Nuts at Home Depot or Lowes and inset them into the topside of the bar top after you drill through the lid and bar top. Then all you have to do is screw in the proper sized bolt from the inside of the freezer lid. I did mine that way and it has been no problem. Remember to use washers on the bottom side of the lid. To remove the bar top, just unscrew from the bottom side of the freezer lid.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply