Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > wine slush mix

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
eibbor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default wine slush mix

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. This summer at a local farmers market, my wife picked up this mixture that you mix with wine and freeze to make a slush. The ingredients are: sugar, green tea,citric acid and other natural flavors. I'd like to make this mixture at home but not sure of the ratios. The mixture looks like sugar with a pink tint to it. Any idea on how to proceed?

Thanks, Robbie

“The mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.” ~ Egyptian Proverb quotes

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
priamryfermenter
Recipes 

Kinda sounds like this sangria recipe...

Jay

Find it on primaryfermenter.com A Brewing and Wine Making Classified Site.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
NerdyMarie
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Late to the game here, but figured I'd reply.

I'm 90% sure that I have it figured out. We're mixing them up in the next hour or so, and SHOULD be frozen enough to try them later tonight (I hope?)

Will be blogging the recipe tomorrow, if it works out. Side by side, though... homemade and store bought mixes (I have D'Marie's here) taste pretty much identical. We bought two bottles of the same wine, will be doing em both up at the same time.

Wines in Primary: Lychee, Pomegranate, Fig, Rose Hip, Iced tea "wine", Ginger tea, Cuties Mead 2.0, Date Melomel

Wines in Secondary: Mango Pulp 2.1, Frankenstein, Cranberry-Cuties Holiday, Pear, Mint, Bochet, Banana

Wines Bottled: Cranberry, Lemon, Mango 1.0, Mixed Fruit, Strawberry, Lingonberry, Lingonberry-Blueberry, Cuties Mead, Watermelon 1.0, Watermelon 2.0, Pear Mead, Mixed Berry, Cherry, Cantaloupe, Blueberry

Kegged: Apple Cider

Old 03-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
saramc
Recipes 

Liked 147 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I make a killer wine slush mix, so they tell me. You need a 750ml bottle of wine, dry instant lemonade mix and instant tea mix. In gallon size ziploc bag or equivalent container with lid add: dry lemonade mix to make two quarts, dry tea mix to make one quart, your bottle of wine and then fill the wine bottle with water and add that. Mix well, seal container and freeze overnight. Allow to defrost for at least 15 minutes and serve. Can combine with lemonlime soda, etc. Or serve as-is. Refreeze as needed.

Use different flavors of lemonade and tea mix. Works best with a semi-sweet wine. Can use liquid concentrate equivalents of lemonade and tea instread of powder, just always use two quart portion of lemonade and one quart portion for tea. I have used CrystalLight for the two quart portion and then half a container of one of their teas. But good old fashioned sugar based lemonade powder and instant tea is my favorite.

Motto: quel che sara sara

Quick Reply