New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > wine juice




Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #21
lhjf75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Likes Given: 1

Default

Found an old CO2 tank at work. Think I will get it recertified and filled



__________________
lhjf75 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 03:23 AM   #22
KBentley57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 244
Liked 24 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

If you're wanting more wine specific info, you should probably try the forums over at winepress.us. they have tons of good info and its ALL geared towards wine for the most part. Friendly bunch too.



__________________
KBentley57 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #23
lhjf75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBentley57 View Post
If you're wanting more wine specific info, you should probably try the forums over at winepress.us. they have tons of good info and its ALL geared towards wine for the most part. Friendly bunch too.
Thanks for the info but I like it here. Besides I have 7 gallons of cider going right now as well so I like being able to getting a lot of good info from one place on both my projects. When the weld shop across the street is done with my next half keg or quarter barrel going to try something else not sure what yet.
__________________
lhjf75 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #24
KBentley57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 244
Liked 24 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

We'll I didn't mean choose one or the other I've got an account there too, but I mostly lurk.

__________________
KBentley57 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #25
lhjf75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Likes Given: 1

Default

Any suggestions as to what I may want make next.

__________________
lhjf75 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #26
WilliamSlayer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Glen Burnie, Maryland
Posts: 1,266
Liked 110 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Lol, Well, I looked back through the thread and realised you never told us what you were making! So what did you make so far this year, and what do you like to drink?

I prefer German whites, but have been tring to expand my horizons lately.

__________________
WilliamSlayer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
lhjf75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Likes Given: 1

Default

Keg #1 1 g -merlot
5.5 g - chardonnay
6 g- burgundy ? was what the juice was called

keg #2 7 g-merlot
5.5 g- pino grigio

1/2 keg #1 4 g- merlot
1/2 g-chardonnay
1/2 g-merlot
2 g- water
added about 3 pounds of brown sugar to them combined

1/2 keg #2 7 g- unpasterized apple cider
7 campden tablets
1.5 lb brown sugar
1 pk-champagne yeast

I pretty much drink anything. I like woodchuck cider,Italian red wine,as for beer usually stick with Sam adams seasonal brews.

__________________
lhjf75 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #28
WilliamSlayer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Glen Burnie, Maryland
Posts: 1,266
Liked 110 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhjf75 View Post
Keg #1 1 g -merlot
5.5 g - chardonnay
6 g- burgundy ? was what the juice was called

keg #2 7 g-merlot
5.5 g- pino grigio

1/2 keg #1 4 g- merlot
1/2 g-chardonnay
1/2 g-merlot
2 g- water
added about 3 pounds of brown sugar to them combined

1/2 keg #2 7 g- unpasterized apple cider
7 campden tablets
1.5 lb brown sugar
1 pk-champagne yeast

I pretty much drink anything. I like woodchuck cider,Italian red wine,as for beer usually stick with Sam adams seasonal brews.
Ok, so these are all blended in the different kegs? Interesting blends. How is the merlot/chardonnay/burgundy blend? That one might appeal to me.

As for new wines to try, I suspect you might like Gamay, or Pinot Noir. Both are easy drinking French Reds. Woodchuck drinkers may like a nice Riesling, as they tend to have crisp apple notes like Woodchuck.

Hope that helps you find something you like. :-)
__________________
WilliamSlayer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #29
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 58,656
Liked 3863 Times on 2824 Posts
Likes Given: 646

Default

I always blend at bottling, if I'm doing a blend. That way you can measure the acidity, lower it or increase it for each variety, and see how they come out before blending. Just a suggestion!

__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006
Yooper is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #30
lhjf75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSlayer View Post

Ok, so these are all blended in the different kegs? Interesting blends. How is the merlot/chardonnay/burgundy blend? That one might appeal to me.

As for new wines to try, I suspect you might like Gamay, or Pinot Noir. Both are easy drinking French Reds. Woodchuck drinkers may like a nice Riesling, as they tend to have crisp apple notes like Woodchuck.

Hope that helps you find something you like. :-)

Not really able to explain the flavor, but I really like it.


__________________
lhjf75 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just juice wine rseckler Wine Making Forum 8 02-04-2014 04:02 AM
Blackberry juice wine yeastluvr Wine Making Forum 2 08-31-2011 10:05 PM
RW Knudsen Juice Wine Beernik Wine Making Forum 3 02-28-2010 02:37 AM
Wine from Zin juice guscampag Wine Making Forum 6 09-12-2009 05:27 PM
wine from juice Donna Wine Making Forum 10 10-02-2008 02:23 AM