The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Wine Bottle Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #11
roadymi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by irchowi View Post
Yeah I know it's not the norm, but I have family members that won't drink it if it's not because they believe it's riddled with yeast and bacteria.
My response would be..............yeeeehaaaa....all the more for me to drink.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #12
Honda88
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Yeah I know it's not the norm, but I have family members that won't drink it if it's not because they believe it's riddled with yeast and bacteria.

I tried to google this and read another post that said something similar but I don't understand why. Glass should be okay when heated, just like when you put them in the dishwasher. The only variable here would be the cork. I wasn't thinking about submerging the corks themselves, just the body of the wine bottle, but I'm not sure what would happen.

not to be disrespectful to your family but they are idiots. if the wine had a bacteria infection you would know and well if you dont like yeast then dont drink alcohol because it comes from yeast...

Old 09-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #13
Felixio
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
I have family members that won't drink it if it's not because they believe it's riddled with yeast and bacteria.
Then stabilize the wine, [back sweeten], let it settle out, rack, then bottle. Of course, if they can't understand that you used chemicals to kill off all bacteria (a long time ago) and yeast, then maybe they don't understand the process enough. Educate them, have them help you make a fresh batch, maybe they'll learn enough to love it, and subsequently drink much of your cellar.

Quick Reply