The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Wicked Tea (beta) (Twisted Tea clone)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #11
Adolphus79
EAC in training
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Where can I get Cooper's? I looking in the NB catalog just now, but couldn't find any. I think I'll try that for beta 0.2, and see how it tastes.

P.S. MX001 has slowed down a little. The krausen has subsided a little, and the airlock has slowed a little. The smell is a little stronger though, and it's a very distinct sweet tea aroma now.

Cheers,
Mike

"Give me yesterday's bread, this day's flesh, and last year's cyder." - Benjamin Franklin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
mgayer
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolphus79
Where can I get Cooper's? I looking in the NB catalog just now, but couldn't find any. I think I'll try that for beta 0.2, and see how it tastes.

P.S. MX001 has slowed down a little. The krausen has subsided a little, and the airlock has slowed a little. The smell is a little stronger though, and it's a very distinct sweet tea aroma now.
www.bacchus-barleycorn.com Sorry I know this is a bit far away but you can order it here. I shop here as it is in the Kansas City area and they are very helpful. Used bottles for 6.50 a case!!

In the Carboy:
Red wine
Roman Raisin Wine
Bottle aging/drinking:
Mead
Apple Wine (15% abv)
Strawberry Wine
Elder Flower Wine
Blue moon Clone

Old 08-31-2007, 03:34 AM   #13
dutchboy62
Recipes 

Started mine today at 2 just got home from work and it is bubbling away. I used the coopers yeast. But other than that i followed your recipe.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:30 AM   #14
Adolphus79
EAC in training
Recipes 

great... let me know how it comes out. If the cooper's does finish off in 2 weeks, and the finished product still tastes like sweet tea, I'll have to start using that. I'd say with the cooper's, rack after 2 weeks, squeeze the lemon in, and let it sit in the secondary for another week or 2.

I've already decided that I'll try cooper's next. I found some from Homebrew Heaven (who I've ordered through before)... http://www.homebrewheaven.com

NOTES:
MX001 has become slow and steady, still a good layer of krausen, but airlock activity is about 1 buble every 10 seconds. Quite a strong odor coming off of it now, but still a sweet tea aroma. It's also started lightening in color over the last couple days.

Cheers,
Mike

"Give me yesterday's bread, this day's flesh, and last year's cyder." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-03-2007, 12:45 AM   #15
dutchboy62
Recipes 

when do you think i should top off after 1 week ?

Old 09-03-2007, 03:40 PM   #16
Danny013
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

As soon as the krausen falls back in.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #17
dutchboy62
Recipes 

It isnt much of a krausen more of just a layer of bubbles about an inch thick

Old 09-04-2007, 02:47 AM   #18
Adolphus79
EAC in training
Recipes 

My krausen has now subsided to a very light layer, almost like the head you get on a glass of soda. The aroma is still a very clean sweet tea smell. I'm not going to top it off, I started with exactly 1 gallon of tea, and am trying to keep the recipe straight. I had no problem with the krausen even reaching into the neck of my gallon jug. It was about an inch thick at first (24-48 hours), but is now barely anything. How is the Cooper's doing? (aroma, color, krausen, etc.)

Cheers,
Mike

Old 09-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #19
dutchboy62
Recipes 

It smells like sweet tea. The color is like that of apple cider. The krausen is about a half inch thick and is really just a layer of bubbles nothing major. I started with 3 qts. of water so i didnt have to worry about a blow off tube. But will prob top of soon as i dont believe it will be a problem.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:53 AM   #20
dutchboy62
Recipes 

Adolphus how are things going on your end of this expirement. I am very interested. I topped off today ill rack next week and take a gtravity reading.

Quick Reply