Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > What's wrong with my wine? Time?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
jeremyc50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default What's wrong with my wine? Time?

I have the following -CC Showcase Cabernet - Shiraz (limited release).
After close almost 5 months of aging 3 (bulk) 2+ (bottle) the wine simply doesn't taste right to me. This is my first wine (typically a beer brewer).

I can't put my finger on exactly what is wrong. It almost taste to strong (alcohol wise) yet it taste for fruit than it does dry. If that makes sense. Does it simply need more time or is there something else that I can do to save the wine? I am worried that maybe I didn't aerate it enough as I lost my the wand for my drill by dropping into the carboy. Any suggestions?

http://www.chateaumichaelena.com/Cha...et_Shiraz.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
KevinM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That sounds pretty early for a red wine. Does the box or the instructions say anything about aging? Many of the wines I've looked at recommend the 5 months as close to a minimum drinkability, with aging times past a year, with most reds benefitting a longer aging time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply