Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > What yeast is best to use for the intriguingly simple wine I'm planning?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 12:20 AM   #1
mew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Default What yeast is best to use for the intriguingly simple wine I'm planning?

I'm planning a simple welches white wine to which I will add no sugar, maybe some tannin and lemon juice, and nothing else. My goal is a fairly low alcohol beverage that is quick from fermenter to bottle to glass. I want it pretty dry, but not bone dry. I was wondering what type of yeast would be best. I've been using Red Star's Pasteur Champagne for my meads, but I think that'll make it too dry. Maybe Cotes de Blanc? What do y'all think?

Keg 2: Empty

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2007, 12:31 AM   #2
MikeRLynch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Has anyone else done this? I've got a batch of Welches white grape and peach cookin right now, but i bumped up the sugar with dextrose. How long, start to finish, is plain welches juice? Can we treat it the same as ed apfelwein recipe?

mike

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply