The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > what wine to make?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
lakeslad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default what wine to make?

ok its a pretty crap wet winter here in the uk, but i fancy making a nice wine to age for the year end, i also fancy using natural ingridents, so does any one have any ideas whats good to pick outdoors at the moment to brew with?, its been a long time since i have done this but im up for trying again!!
cheers
lee.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God''s waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
novalou
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeslad
ok its a pretty crap wet winter here in the uk, but i fancy making a nice wine to age for the year end, i also fancy using natural ingridents, so does any one have any ideas whats good to pick outdoors at the moment to brew with?, its been a long time since i have done this but im up for trying again!!
cheers
lee.
What fruit is in season this time of year in the UK?

Old 01-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
WilliamSlayer
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Any Apples still around? They may be the best'fresh' fruit at this time of the year that is local to your area.

If you are looking at a grocery store, every thing 'fresh ' is coming from the southern hemisphere right now.

Quick Reply