This year I took the remains of a 6 gal batch of grape wine made and made a secondary 3 gallon batch from the leftover must. I just used the same recipe but added a bit more sugar to make up for what was lost from the must in the first batch to get my hydrometer reading to the correct level. I have racked it twice and will be ready to bottle it in a week. The color is a a bit less intense as is the actual flavor of the wine compared to the "mother" batch, but I figure it would be good to crack this stuff out once your tastebuds are a bit dulled from a bottle or two of the good stuff with company, and this rreally is good enough on its own. I have since been making one gallon batches of the same thing whenever I make a 6 gallon batch and use it to top off the 6 gal batch so I dont lose headspace or quantity and this way I am using basically the same wine to top off with. Its cheaper and more similar than using a commercially made wine because I simply want my wine to taste like the wine I made.