Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > What is the best blueberry wine recipe?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #11
saramc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ah...I never add airlock until SG dropped by 2/3. Use a food grade bucket with lid just resting on top. That way the yeast have access to the oxygen the want, and I can stir the must twice a day, and punch down the cap of fruit that floats up vs gently squeeze the fruit in straining bag.

Do you have any idea as to when you will remove the pulp...because it will create an off - flavor if you leave intact for too long?

Motto: quel che sara sara

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #12
Effington
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Just an update on my batch - I lined a bucket with a large, nylon fruit bag and dumped the blueberry wine into it. I realized that separating the fruit from the wine was necessary at this point, but primary ferementation went well with the fruit suspended. I transferred the wine to secondary and measured gravity at 1.020. Still fermenting nicely (see photo). The smell and color are great.

In the original bucket, without rinsing or anything, I started a batch of skeeter pee. Added my sugar, lemon and water to 5 gallons, then dropped the nylon bag full of yummy blueberry goodness into that. I will check on its progress tonight.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply