Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Welch's Aqua Juice "Wine"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #11
Dan_of_Earth
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiddy View Post
Yeah, even an airlock won't keep it pressurized, so you won't get much carbonation (if any at all) without an E-Z Cap. There's also another product from Australia called OZ-Tops, that offer three different carbonation levels with the cap. They look great, though I haven't bought any myself yet. They're only $24.95AUS, which is less than $18 USD for a set of six caps (with included yeast).

BTW, I'm not a shill for any of these products, I'm actually simply a very satisfied customer. My bride and I regularly have a glass of homemade cider made with the E-Z Caps, and we love it. We're not gonna put Spire or Woodchuck out of business with our little project, but at least we can make booze at home as simple as making juice!
I looked at those ez caps but can you buy them separate or do you have to get the kit? It doesn't say how many caps come in their package.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2009, 02:52 AM   #12
stormrider27
Recipes 

According to the website you get 6 caps and the bottle of yeast. I didn't see anyplace where you could buyjust the caps but I found the place where you could buy just the yeast.

HTH
Storm

Old 04-28-2009, 04:01 AM   #13
Dan_of_Earth
Recipes 

Just an update, I drank a glass of this tonight and it was pretty good! I put it in the fridge after two days of heavy ferment...took a reading of about 1.024, so I figure it's give or take about 5% alcohol. When I put it in the fridge I stoppered it up, so it still has some fizz to it. I let it sit in the fridge for about 48 hours. Very nice and refreshing! I hope it keeps a while in the fridge so i can take my time drinking it up.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #14
Dan_of_Earth
Recipes 

Well, I've nearly plowed through about 2 gallons of this stuff!

So few days ago I started another small batch of grape, and a small batch using an Apple/Kiwi/Strawberry juice concentrate. What I've found is that if I close the lids tight on these once they're in the fridge they retain a nice amount of carbonation. I even bottled 2 bottles of it in corona bottles just to see what would happen. I left them in the fridge and they haven't exploded yet, so I'll probably drink them this weekend.

Oh, one other thing I've noticed. Now that I am down to the last glass or two of the grape batch I made, I think it is drying out a bit, and getting a little more sour. I think that what's happening is that the fermentation is slowed way down, but not stopped completely.

Quick Reply