New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > trying to identify a wine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #1
palecricket1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default trying to identify a wine

I once had a phenomenal wine and I'll be darned if I can find out what it was. A friend of mine served it on a road trip once, but I never caught the name of it. It was a reisling, german I believe. It wasn't oaked (or at least I'm pretty sure it wasn't). It had a very distinct characteristic though, the acids had a sweet flavor. It wasn't you're usual sugar sweetness, because this one hit you on the sides of your tongue, not the tip. I asked him what that was and he said it was the acid profile. It was overall a very good wine, fresh, not too alcoholy, a little citrusy. If anyone has a clue which wine this is I'd be very greatful. Also, if anyone can tell me how to get that acid profile at home, that'd' be great too.

--Happy brewing ^_^
Primary: kiwi wine
niagra white wine
white tea wine
rio de oro mead
Secondary: Ginger wine
raspberry melomel
cranberry-raspberry wine

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply