Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Tried an experiment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
klcramer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Default Tried an experiment

So a few months ago I attempted to make a pineapple wine. This came out very dry and just all around not good. At the same time I tried to make a fruit punch wine. This came out very sweet and also not good. So I tried mixing the two together. I now have something that has a fruity taste and the pineapple is definitely there. This is still too sweet for my taste. What can I make that will turn out dry that I can mix with this contraption that may turn out to a consumable product? Both of the batches I started with were 5 gallon batches and I hate to see 10 gallons go to waste.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
2ndGenBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well I'm a mead maker and tend to favor it. If you want to take 15 Lbs of honey, 4 gallons water, a little yeast nutrient, and a chapagne yeast you can easily go to a FG around .998 with a little pampering. It will be a very dry wine with a slight honey taste. I believe it would go great with your fruit wines.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply