Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Too much sugar?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
PCasey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Too much sugar?

Hi, I don't know If I added to much sugar or not. I've never followed a recipe because I'm just winging it and seeing with what I come up with. I'm making what I think is gonna turn out to be some wine (Welches concentrate). I just got bottling 1/4 of my current batch. (the carboy couldn't handle it all so I put it into a second carboy) And upon bottling I had a glass and got some interesting flavors. The only way I can describe it is at first it starts off fruity then fights and claws its way down your throat then ends with fruity. So the reaction of people would be "mmmm.....oooohhh!!! ARRRGGHH!!!....mmmmm" any take on this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2008, 10:38 PM   #2
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I am not sure, but we have a dedicated Wine forum where you might get a better idea. I am not sure what percentage sugar is acceptable in Wine. In beer of significant gravity the highest you want to go is around %20, but %5 to %10 is more common.

Welcome to the forums.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
PCasey
Recipes 

Its now has been four weeks. Still no sign of slowing down. Do I have ninja yeast?

Old 08-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4482 Times on 3261 Posts
Likes Given: 870

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCasey View Post
Its now has been four weeks. Still no sign of slowing down. Do I have ninja yeast?
Four weeks is nothing in a wine timeline. See how it is in four months. If you just wing it, you'll never really know what to expect. If you bottled, and it's not finished, though- you can definitely expect some bottle bombs.

Quick Reply