Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > That's potent yeast!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 05:04 AM   #1
Chuchulainn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default That's potent yeast!

Remember the raisin wine I posted about? I poured some off the top into an unfermented mixture of apple juice and spices I was planning to make into spiced cider, just to see if it would ferment. I had assumed it wouldn't because my sparkling wine had apparently finished fermenting, (and I had previously put sulphates to halt reproduction). At first it didn't do anything, but I checked the next day and lo and behold the plastic stopper had uncorked (no spillage luckily) and it was bubbling like a freshly pitched cider. Looks like I won't have to buy more yeast for the cider then!

Resilient stuff apparently, this Lalvin yeast.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply