Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Technical questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
hmillard
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Technical questions.

Just thought it might be interesting and maybe helpful to put up a thread for anyone with specific technical questions. I've noticed a lot of partially answered questions ar questions answered in ways that are somewhat inaccurate. Most of the time simple is fine but if anyone wants a little more detail or has a more specific question this is where to ask it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
hmillard
Recipes 

Just to be clear, somewhere to post if you want a detailed answer. Not specifically from me. Lots of knowledgable people here.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
WVMJ
Recipes 

Liked 103 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Just read my posts and you will be OK. WVMJ

Old 09-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
hmillard
Recipes 

I think I'll be fine. Might be out of work if not. Thought there might be some demand for this kind of thread but evidently not.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
IslandLizard
Progressive Brewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 350 Times on 316 Posts
Likes Given: 1120

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmillard View Post
Just thought it might be interesting and maybe helpful to put up a thread for anyone with specific technical questions. I've noticed a lot of partially answered questions ar questions answered in ways that are somewhat inaccurate. Most of the time simple is fine but if anyone wants a little more detail or has a more specific question this is where to ask it.
Sorry, there are too many reasons it won't work, here are 2 of them:

1. Although it is a marvelous idea in a nicely organized and structured world, I don't think you really understand how forums work in daily life. Look around. You see the same kind of questions being asked over and over again, followed by reiterated suggestions, answers, and variations of those.

2. There are 20-some forums on beer alone and there are questions of technical nature in all of them. How would one segregate? And expertise seems forum bound, e.g, those who know about or are interested in yeast watch the yeast and fermentation forum closely.
Preparing: Framboise Clone | Raging Bitch Clone #3 | Tank 7 Saison Clone | Fresh Squeezed IPA | Venturing into some Sours, finally...
Fermenting:
Dry hopping:
Barrel Aging: Old Treacle Mine ==> Flanders
On tap: 2.3'd | ESB | Belgian Wit {1st place @ FSH Guild Wheat Beer Comp.} | Pocahontas Pumpkin Ale
Kicked: Sketchy Bastard | Black Butte Porter Clone | Raging Bitch Clone #2 | Citra Wheat Saison | Rosemary Wheat Saison | Great Lakes Christmas Ale Clone | Caramel Amber Ale

Old 09-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
Rhumbline
Recipes 

Liked 200 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 105

That pretty much describes the purpose of the whole forum. Plus there's seldom just one way of doing things or just one correct answer.

But it was a nice thought.

Quick Reply