Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Sweetnes/Dryness number

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
SFBEER
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Sweetnes/Dryness number

I'm sorry if this somewhere I might not be looking for the right key words. I have family that suffers from migaraines and they need to know what number the wine is before they can drink it. Is there a way to estimate that number using hydrometer readings and kit type or is all about the wine makers experience.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Emerald
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I would have them stop drinking any of the red wines- I get horrible migraines from reds while I can drink the rose' and whites and any fruit wine that is made without red wine/grapes. Also have them watch out while eating chocolate too, dark chocolates will trigger them too.
A good remedy for migraines is a plant extract called Butterburr I have used this for a few years now and it really works to stop migraines in their tracks. You can find it in any good health food store and it has been used for many years in Europe and the UK.
But being a newby at making wine, I can't help with the wine numbers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply