Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > sweet mulberry wine too sweet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
Krausen89
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default sweet mulberry wine too sweet

So I brewed a mulberry wine from a recipe but I never filtered out the pulp. I was supposed to top up with water to one gallon but I ended up with more then one gallon. I had a couple cups more then a gallon that I did top up with water and it turned out great. My question now is can I add water at this point (after ferm) or should I add water and use more yeast to ferment it more? I used red star baking yeast. Which yo my knowledge does not have a very high alcohol tolerance. Any ideas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4782 Times on 3477 Posts
Likes Given: 956

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krausen89 View Post
So I brewed a mulberry wine from a recipe but I never filtered out the pulp. I was supposed to top up with water to one gallon but I ended up with more then one gallon. I had a couple cups more then a gallon that I did top up with water and it turned out great. My question now is can I add water at this point (after ferm) or should I add water and use more yeast to ferment it more? I used red star baking yeast. Which yo my knowledge does not have a very high alcohol tolerance. Any ideas?
If it needs some water added to it to taste like you want it to, adding water is fine.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS