Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > stuck fermentation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 03:54 AM   #1
PCasey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default stuck fermentation

Hi yall

I have a cranberry batch that has been doing nothing for the past 5 weeks. I used Old Orchards Cranberry concentrate. This is my 3rd cranberry batch so I know it should be going strong by now. I've added in more yeast, nothing. I've added different yeast. Still nothing. I've pull out a small sample and experimented with that to get it to ferment. Nothing. I don't have a way to check ph levels But I suspect they are too high. I'm very weary of throwing Calcium carbonate in my batch though.

I don't know what to do. I've even pulled out a small sample and tried to get SOMETHING to grow in it. Still nothing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
malkore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 9

and the concentrate had NO PRESERVATIVES? namely potassium sorbate...

cuz its either been preserved, or the pH is so far off the yeast can't do anything.

or all your yeast is dead, but I doubt that unless its 2 years expired and was stored in a tin shed all summer.

Bottled: MOAM, Braggot, Raspberry Melomel, Merlot, Apfelwein, Pyment, Sweet mead, Cabernet
Gal in 2009: 27, Gal in 2010: 34, Gal in 2011: 13, Gal in 2012: 10

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply