Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > storing wine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
snowultra
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default storing wine

i was talking to the lady who sold me the wine kit. she said to rack it into another carboy, and let it sit there for 2 or 3 months. i love this idea, but does everyone think its ok. the kit says, to bottle it, and let it sit for 6 months to 1 year.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
OdinOneEye
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

So long as your wine doesn't sit on the leese (the fruit bits and yeasties that fall from suspension in the liquid) for longer than necissary, bulk aging (leaving it all in the carboy rather than bottling) is probably better, as your finished product will be more uniform in its completion.
As far as storage goes, if you've got a closet somewhere in your basement, that'd be a good place to put a wine rack. Cool, dark and stable are the best qualities for your storage site.

I never met a homebrew I didn't like.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply