Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Storing bottles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #1
KiRbY29869
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Storing bottles

Hi I was wondering what to do here. I rent a house and the basement is all musty and moldy. I know that I have read where the mold taste and smell can get through the corks and into the bottles. I am wanting to keep a few bottles out of each batch for a year or two and see how they turn out. I was wondering if I keep these in my dining room, if it would be better to sacrifice the perfect temp to keep them out of the moldy basement, or what? Maybe someone out there has an idea or two. Most of my wine will be drank within the 1 - 1 and 1/2 year mark.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #2
Loweface
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

You could always wax the top of the cork. This would also reduce the slight air difusion through the cork so maybe someone else will recommend aganst it. That's what I'd do though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chortly View Post
...homebrew contains more satisfactrons per serving, so you don't have to drink as much as you would a commercial beer to get to your satisfactron saturation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply