Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Storage life

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
harriss
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Storage life

im ordering acid blend, yeast nutrient, pectic enz., wine tannin, potassium sorbate, and campden. what is the shelf life on these items? I wanna order larger quantities if they will last for a year or more.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 02:02 AM   #2
novalou
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriss
im ordering acid blend, yeast nutrient, pectic enz., wine tannin, potassium sorbate, and campden. what is the shelf life on these items? I wanna order larger quantities if they will last for a year or more.
I would not keep these supplies longer than a year. Buy only enough to last you 6 months or so.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:06 AM   #3
Inner10
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriss View Post
Sorbate is probably only good for 6-8 months. Yeast nutrient, tannins, acid blend is probably good for a couple years. Campden would probably depend on how air tight the container is.

Drank too much?...Is that a thing?

Old 02-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
MA-Honey
Recipes 

I am not sure on the yeast nutrient or the tannins but the potassium sorbate, Camden tablets and the acid blend has the potential of lasting years as long as you keep it dry. They are salts that do not naturally decay when dry. Source: chemistry minor.

Quick Reply