Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Sparkling Wine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
Dark_Ale
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Sparkling Wine

I have been thinking about making some sparkling wine for New Years next year 2007. From what I have read it seems like it may be more trouble than its worth. I have not done that much research but looks like you ferment until clear or done, add corn sugar and yeast when ferment begins bottle for a few weeks, then chill to very cold, then transfer to another bottle with another small amount of corn sugar???? Has anyone had it turn out pretty good? Any thoughts you would like to share before I give this a try? I did'nt really want to put it in a beer bottle, I wanted a nice bottle with the wire wrap but not sure how I would cork it. I just wanted to get fancy to show it off a little. Any thoughts???

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
usmcruz
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ale
I have been thinking about making some sparkling wine for New Years next year 2007. From what I have read it seems like it may be more trouble than its worth. I have not done that much research but looks like you ferment until clear or done, add corn sugar and yeast when ferment begins bottle for a few weeks, then chill to very cold, then transfer to another bottle with another small amount of corn sugar???? Has anyone had it turn out pretty good? Any thoughts you would like to share before I give this a try? I did'nt really want to put it in a beer bottle, I wanted a nice bottle with the wire wrap but not sure how I would cork it. I just wanted to get fancy to show it off a little. Any thoughts???
Here is some info
http://honeycreek.us/makingsparklingwine.htm

If you find that this is too much work then buy a cornelius kegging setup and carbonate the wine. When its carbonated then transfer to the champagne bottles, cork, and wire wrap (which is sold already to go, just twist to tighten) your done. I forgot to mention is that if you want a very clear champagne then filtering should be done before carbonating.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #3
Francis Eric
Recipes 

If you do plan to degorge do so, but if you don't, and you want to do it the easy way you should see how much better the other gives results with a few bottles I have some other things on it if you want, but Im not a big fan of sparkling or Champange, but would like to make it for fun.

Last edited by Francis Eric; 01-13-2006 at 10:51 AM.

Quick Reply