New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Sparkling Peach White Wine, Great Recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #41
saramc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 144 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 1

[QUOTE=clevernonsense;4087801] My question is this: the frozen concentrate lists preservatives in the ingredients--I thought this was a no no? QUOTE]

In the normal scheme of things, the preservatives are not to the extent that they will prevent your must from fermenting, especially if you always use a good starter. Personally I do not use k-meta on the start up of my must if I am working with a product that already contains preservatives. I will dose with k-meta when I rack for the first time to secondary and place airlock. If I am using part fresh fruit and part concentrate/juice w/ preservatives listed, I use only enough k-meta to dose the fresh fruit I am using.

Motto: quel che sara sara

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #42
saramc
Recipes 

Liked 144 Times on 132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanj88 View Post
Saramc you can't use wine bottles they are not pressure rated they will go pop. Either beer bottles, champagne, or swing tops. Oh and you use corn sugar not corn syrup.
My apologies on confusing anyone with my "corn syrup" comment, I never add a dry sugar to my must/wine, it is always a syrup form. So I would have turned my corn sugar into "corn syrup". And of course, if you are opting to finish this as a still wine you can use standard wine bottles...use the pressure rated bottles if you plan of proceeding with the sparkling component.

Out of curiousity---I wonder how many who have made this are making it as a sparkling wine or a still wine?? How long are you finding it will take before the wine will start to carbonate?

I have to replace my concentrate/juice because my son had a bonfire and it turns out they were looking for something to mix some drinks with and they drank it all (even got the concentrate out of freezer and mixed it up). Well, they left me ONE container of WGP concentrate. I had enough for a 3gallon batch. I have also noticed white grape peach MANGO juice on the shelf, ready to drink---so that may interest some people.

To the person who asked about a yeasty pinot that is to be bottled in about a week:
1. may consider starting a new thread
2. what yeast was used
3.. has it been sufficiently racked, is wine clear & not dropping sediment, did you filter it?
I would park it & check it in a month--if it is still smelling yeasty it is not yet ready.

Motto: quel che sara sara

Old 07-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #43
ejr
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

this stuff is just getting better opened 2nd bottle tonight its better than the first 3 weeks ago

Old 10-29-2012, 02:39 AM   #44
ejr
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Finished it off just took off a batch of skeeter pee another batch of this is next ive already got it cooking

Old 10-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #45
springmom
Texan, by golly. Grandma by the grace of God.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I have a gallon of something similar, although I only used 24 oz of Welch's White Grape-Peach Concentrate and Cotes de Blanc yeast. It ran like a champ and is now sitting happily in its secondary. I'll leave it for a few more weeks and rack it again, always a good time to taste test ) and see whether it suggests itself for bottling in swing tops. It smells heavenly, so I'm hoping the flavor will match.

Considering: Sparkling raspberry wine, carrot wine

In Primary: Ed's Apfelwein; Raspberry Puree Apple Cider

In Secondary: Pumpkin Pie Mead; Traditional Mead; Dried Elderberry Wine; Blueberry Wine; Texas Persimmon wine; White grape/peach wine; Texas Twang; Hi, Biscus! Metheglyn; A Maize-ing Wine

So far, so good.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #46
winewrangler
Recipes 

its looking good i will try it defiantly and let you guys know about it..

Old 11-08-2012, 03:16 AM   #47
ShepFL
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Got a batch fermenting now using Nottingham yeast. Been cranking right along for past 3 days. Expect it will slow down this wx. Looking fwd to this for Jan party.

Be the person you would want as a friend because at the end of the game the King and Pawn go in the same box.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #48
Arpolis
Recipes 

Liked 157 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 31

The white grape peach flavors really do well. I bottled a batch just a few days ago. Fermented with Lalvin 71b and it came out really smooth without much aging. I will love to know how the Nottingham turns out.

A painting says a thousand words. But a painting while on good mead just looks funny!

Old 11-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #49
wordsmith
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Going to try to convince SWMBO to try this soonest!

Old 11-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #50
K5MOW
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

This looks very good. I think I will try this recipe.

Roger

primary: Cream Ale All Grain
Primary Canadian Ale
Primary: Caribou Slobber
Primary: Blackberry Mead Melomel
Primary: Caribou Slobber

Quick Reply