My plum wine, which I transferred to the secondary fermenter a little less than a month ago, still has a large quantity of sediment (plum flesh, et al) at the bottom (see picture).
It doesn't seem to be settling any too quickly.
If I rack it after 30 days (as recommended), I will lose A LOT of wine. Can I wait until more of it settles before racking? I got plenty of patience -- I've already learned that winemaking is all about the waiting! I just am not sure what the best approach is with this much sediment still loosely floating around the bottom.