New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Skeeter Pee ABV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
captianoats
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts

Default Skeeter Pee ABV

M planning my first batch of skeeter pee, but I'm wanting to drop the alcohol a bit. I'm thinking about keeping it closer to 6% and putting it in a keg. Will i need to change the amount of juice or tannin to keep the profile correct, or will I be ok just cutting back on sugar?

Also, from pitch to glass, roughly how long does this take? I'm trying to plan my carboy s schedule (maybe I should just buy more )

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music" --George Carlin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Daze
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captianoats View Post
M planning my first batch of skeeter pee, but I'm wanting to drop the alcohol a bit. I'm thinking about keeping it closer to 6% and putting it in a keg. Will i need to change the amount of juice or tannin to keep the profile correct, or will I be ok just cutting back on sugar?
alcohol only adds to the bight so leaving everything else the same and reducing the original sugar gives you a brighter, better taste IMHO No need to change anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captianoats View Post
Also, from pitch to glass, roughly how long does this take? I'm trying to plan my carboy s schedule (maybe I should just buy more )
less sugar will be faster but it is to hard to say exactly when because of the temp you ferment at and or the yeast you use.
- "It's all about time. You can't rush perfection. Time TIME TIME!!! You either need to pay on the front end or the rear. If the batch ferments out fast you need to secondary age or bottle age it. If it ferments out slow... months not weeks, then you don't have to age it nearly as long to get good flavors. Either way time is the key when making ciders and wines."

Old 04-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #3
Captive
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I've had batches ready to bottle in as little as 20 days. Starting with a good yeast population helps tremendously.

Cheers, Lon

www.skeeterpee.com

Visit Skeeter Pee on facebook and click the like button

Quick Reply