Red Muscadine straight juice wine
Grape = 60 lbs Isons muscadine grape
Juice #s = PH 3.3 / TA .412 / SG 1.060
1. Crushed 60lbs of grapes and sulfited. Added enough sugar to must to get SG up to 1.12. Let sit for 24hrs.
2. After 24hrs added Lalvin 71B yeast. Used this yeast because it converts malic acid to lactic acid in the juice. This way it helps reduce the harshness of the acids.
3. Let ferment on skins for 3 days and then pressed lightly
4. Added 4oz Elderberry concentrate (homewinery.com) and 1 tsp Tannin
5. Placed in carboy with airlock