Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Red Beet Wine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
DoubleRainbow
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Red Beet Wine

I have looked online for a recipe for beet wine and come across a few. Most of the recipes call for spreading yeast on a piece of toast and floating it in the primary. This sound more like a prison recipe to me. Any feedback on a recipe would be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4933 Times on 3575 Posts
Likes Given: 994

Jack Keller (jackkeller.net) has a good recipe for beet wine. His recipes are all great- no prison hooch type recipes at all! I'd put a link in, but I'm on dial up at my cottage and it'd take all night to find it and then post it here! Just go to jackkeller.net, find the "wine" pages and then go to "requested recipes". Beet wine is in there, and it's a winner! His site is the best on winemaking, so take a look at some of the info he has on yeast strains and techniques as well while you're there. It's kind of hard to navigate at first, but always check the very bottom, and that will have the buttons you need to click to get around on his site.

Find me on facebook: Lorena Evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 11-14-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
DoubleRainbow
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey Yooper thanks so much for the fast response, i think ill give the heavy bodied wine a try. There seems to be a lot of good things to read on this site. I am new to wine making but very excited about this new hobby.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:10 AM   #4
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4933 Times on 3575 Posts
Likes Given: 994

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleRainbow View Post
Hey Yooper thanks so much for the fast response, i think ill give the heavy bodied wine a try. There seems to be a lot of good things to read on this site. I am new to wine making but very excited about this new hobby.
Wine is great! It's the perfect hobby for procrastinators, so try to cultivate some patience because it'll serve you well in winemaking. The waiting really is the hardest part- Tom Petty must have been a winemaker.

Find me on facebook: Lorena Evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Quick Reply