I guess I take a little different approach.
All you can do is try and if it turns out bad well then ....
I had some mead that turned into bottle bombs and I didn't want to lose it.
My idea was to open the bottles, let them sit and de-carbonize for a couple minutes then bottle again.
4 months later and all seems to be well. They'll probably all be gone in a couple months but I would never have known if I hadn't tried.
This group is great and I've learned so much from Yooper's post but sometimes "ya just gotta grab the bull by the horns and do it"
My $.02 worth
I've been brewing and tasting tonite so sorry if I rambled